I must admit that I’m a bigger coffee drinker than tea drinker, however I do love a good cup of tea. I’ve always heard the benefits of drinking green tea and I knowing it’s growing popularity with the health conscious people is something to consider, but until recently I’ve never been one to drink it daily. For thousands of years, people have used green tea for medicinal purposes, so maybe I should be drinking more of it! Right?
I started doing my research and this is what I found about green tea. The unique set of chemicals in green tea has so many health benefits. It has 10 times more antioxidants than the amount found in fruits and vegetables. What?! Why haven’t I been convincing my kids to drink green tea alomg with their fruits and veggies?
Green tea comes in all sorts of flavors and can be consumed both hot and cold. My personal favorite flavor is Pomegranate. I typically look for organic tea but this particular favorite of mine is not organic. I love the Yogi teas. They have the fun little quotes on the tea bag tags too.
What I discovered about green tea was interesting so i came up with 5 surprising reasons to drink green tea and I thought I’d share them:
1. Green Tea may lower your risk of getting sick. It is packed with antioxidants which boost the immune system, making us healthy and strong. Studies have show that green tea helps suppress the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
2. Green Tea is good for your teeth. It contains catechins which may inhibit the growth of bacteria and can lower the risk of infections, cavities & reduce bad breath.
3. Green Tea can delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying & restoring damaged brain cells.
4. Green Tea can give you smoother & younger looking skin. The antioxidants in green tea kill the free radicals found in the body, giving you a healthy and glowing skin. It acts as a natural anti-aging ingredient, preventing wrinkles and blemishes. Green tea prevents cell oxidation and damage that makes us look older.
5. Green Tea can help manage diabetes by regulating glucose levels thus preventing high insulin spikes which result in fat storage. This also aids in weight loss. 🙂
6. Green Tea can help relieve pain & swelling. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties can prevent the loss of bone density too. Doctors also recommend green tea as a remedy for treating arthritis.
I have started drinking a cup of green tea after dinner and I’ve noticed that I’m actually sleeping better. I used to wake up several times during the night but now, I am waking up maybe once. Coincidence? Maybe but I’ll keep drinking it and let you know for sure!!
Are you a tea drinker? If so, what’s your favorite brand or flavor? I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to “comment” down below or drop me an email at email@example.com.