Happy February!! It’s hard to believe that Spring is less than 2 months away! Living in the Midwest with the snow & bitter cold sometimes the winters can drag on forever. This winter has been very hectic and crazy for myself and my family. The week before Christmas we moved into a home we built (yay!) so I’m still unpacking, painting, decorating & dealing with contractor issues that need fixed. I also took on an unexpected new as the PTO president at my younger kiddo’s elementary school. I have my blog of course which I’m trying to more consistent with. I have my business & then just all of my hobbies and duties as a Mom of 4 kiddos. So, the winter has just flown by for me! I may be busy & pulled in a million different directions often, but I am very blessed & I know it.
One of my newest obsessions or hobbies or whatever you want to call it that is keeping me busy in my “free” time…Ha! Ha!, is researching ingredients & making my own body care. So far, I’ve made whipped body butter out of natural & organic ingredients. There are no chemicals, toxins, or artificial anything in my body care. It’s been really difficult to find a body creme that is not only natural & organic but works for me. I saw a dermatologist about a year ago for dry, itchy skin on my legs…it’s only on my lower legs. She diagnosed it as a form of eczema and prescribed me a creme. Well, a year later I still have that eczema and I gave up on that cream. Most lotions and cremes burn and make the condition worse. So I started doing some research on making my own cream and found several recipes on Pinterest for whipped body butter. It looks good enough to eat!! You actually could eat it but I’m sure it’s not very tasty! 😉
Once I started looking at the recipes I was finding for these body butters, I started doing my research on the different ingredients that can be used and what I discovered was that all this time I’ve been using lotions and creams that are water based. When the water evaporates after you put on your lotion, what do you think happens to your skin? It’s definitely going to stay hydrated for long. Is it? These body butters have no water at all, so they are super emollient & nourishing for your skin.
So far, I’ve made 2 batches of my whipped body butter & I’ve been using them daily on my legs. I made Peppermint White Chocolate and a Lavender one. I am happy to report that my eczema is virtually gone. The dry itchy skin is gone! My husband even noticed how smooth and soft my legs were the other night in bed. He was very impressed and couldn’t get over how smooth they were. I am working on some new scents and can’t wait to give these a try…Orange Mango & Coconut Lime. Yum!!
The ingredients I use in my body butters are natural, organic, unrefined and so good for your skin such as raw mango butter, cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, almond oil & essential oils. Below I will share with you all the wonderful properties of these ingredients:
Raw Mango Butter
* hydrates, nourishes & is highly emollient
* users note that it protects & heals against sunburn, frostbite, eczema, insect bites & poison ivy
* prevents drying skin and formation of wrinkles
* restores skin’s elasticity
Apricot Kernel Oil
* softens fine lines & restores skin’s healthy glow
* rich in essential fatty acids
* soothes irritated skin
*nourishes and moisturizes
* contains Vitamins E, A & C
* users note that it has helped calm inflammation from eczema & dermatitis
* high in antioxidants which fight free radicals that cause skin stressers & signs of aging
* users note that it can help reduce stretch marks
* high in fatty acids which hydrates the skin
* users noted it protects & heals eczema & dermatitis
* contains Vitamins A, E, F and antioxidants
* promotes and accelerates healing
* it has anti-inflammatory properties
* natural sunscreen
* stimulates collagen production
* users note that it protects & heals sunburn, psoriasis, eczema, wrinkles, and blemishes
* contains Vitamins A, D & E
* it has been shown to have a calming effect on people with skin allergies and inflammation
* it has anti-aging properties & has been shown to reverse the signs of sun damage
* users note it can clear up eye puffiness and dark circles as well as delay appearances of wrinkles
* it promotes better blood circulation which can tighten the skin
* users noted that it protects and heals against chapped skin, minor wounds, eczema and acne
* strengthens underlying tissues
* contains antioxidants
* protects against free radical damage
* anti-aging properties
* exfoliates dead skin cells
* made up of medium chain triglycerides which is skin conditioning
* users note it protects and heals eczema & provides sun damage
* very moisturizing
* I use only the best 100% pure essential oils
* Each oil has different health benefits for your skin.
Want a secret all natural wrinkle treatment?
Try adding 2 drops of lemon essential oil, 2 drops of lavender essential oil, 2 drops of frankincense essential oil with 1 oz almond oil.
I’m going to be selling my body butters very soon, so please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/happycleanlife and keep up to date with my new body care. If you have a recipe or suggestion for me, please feel free to leave it below in a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org