I believe living a happy life is a choice…
There is so much going on in the world and negativity screams at us from our tvs, radios, cell phones and computers. Social media has really changed our levels of anxiety, stress, and even happiness. How many times have you been on social media and seen someone posting [bragging] about something? I know for women, we often fall into the comparison game. We compare out lives to the lives of those on social media and around us. We must realize that those “glamorous” lives we see on social media, are not all that perfect, happy or wonderful. We all have good days and bad days. We all deal with the same situations, disappointments, highs, lows, stresses, and etc. Some just choose to only show the good. I guess it’s better than those who turn to social media to only complain about everything in life.
But seriously, social media can make us miserable. It can really exaggerate life. You have to learn to tune it all out. You have to know that being happy is a choice. You can choose to be happy no matter what life throws at you, what you see on social media, hear on the radio, read in the newspaper or see on tv. I think of myself as a happy person [thus the name of my blog]. I’d like to share with you a list of 10 habits I do that inspire me to live a happier life.
- Pray ~ I give it all to God. I pray about everything. I trust in Him & I have faith in His plan. No matter what life throws at me, I trust that it’s all a part of God’s plan.
- Move your Body ~ I’ve been working out regularly for about 3 months now and I feel so much better. I like what I see in the mirror which has given me added confidence. My body can do things I never dreamed I would be able to do. I have met knew people and created lasting friendships because of a common interest.
- Eat Healthy ~ I have learned that eating healthier choices makes you feel so much better. I do have days when I might have a cheat but for the most part, I eat healthy foods. I try to eat organic and natural. And I drink plenty of water daily [half of my body weight in ounces].
- Ignore Negativity ~ People who feed on negativity bring me down to a place I don’t like to be. It’s really hard for me to not let negative energy and thoughts get to me. So, I’ve learned that I just have to separate myself from negativity. If someone in my life is negative and just zaps the life right out of me, I’m moving on and pushing them out. I just can’t do it!
- Laugh ~ I laugh a lot! My kids make me laugh. My husband makes me laugh. My friends make me laugh. Heck, some days I laugh at myself. I have a bit of a sarcastic side…
- Listen More ~ When you listen to what people are saying and I mean truly listen to them, you become a much better friend to them. They will appreciate you more. So many people want to talk, talk, talk and never listen. Just listen to what those around you have to say. Also, I’ve learned that in certain situations, it’s best to just not say anything.
- Do What You Love ~ Find what really makes you excited & happy to be alive. Take that passion and run with it. Because our “work” takes up most of our lives, you must love what you do and if you don’t, maybe it’s time for a change.
- Read ~ Reading is what keeps me going in a positive direction. I love to read books centered around personal development. If I find myself in a slump or in a place where I maybe don’t feel so positive about things, it’s usually because I’ve not been reading. I do enjoy reading books for fun too but personal development is what I typically read these days.
- Breath Fresh Air ~ Get outside and soak up the Vitamin D [but don’t forget the sunscreen]. Take a walk. Breath the fresh air. Feel the sun on your skin. It does the body and soul good!
- Live Fearlessly ~ Don’t let your fears hold you back in life. No one wants to look back on life and say they wish they would have done this or tried that but didn’t because they were too afraid. I’ve done many things in my life that scared the crap out of me but in the end those things ended up being the best thing for me. I’m not talking about skydiving or anything like that [although that is on my bucket list]. I’m talking about life decisions…switching careers, moving out of state, walking away from an unhealthy relationship, going back to school, etc.
I truly believe that being happy in life is a choice that we make. If you’re not living your happiest life, then maybe it’s time to make some changes. You deserve to be happy.
Have a happy, healthy day!!