Those who know me well, know that I ALWAYS have water with me. Aside from coffee & green tea, it’s pretty much my “go to” drink. I start drinking it after my first cup of coffee in the morning and I carry it with me throughout my day…from room to room when I’m home, outside, on a walk, on a bike ride, when I run errands & when I go to bed. I love water & up until a few days ago, I thought I drank a lot. Turns out it wasn’t as much as I thought it was. So now my new goal is to drink a gallon of water a day.
I had seen this idea on Pinterest before and finally decided to give it a try. So I got myself a 97 cent jug of Spring Water at the store and wrote some inspirations on it. I then made it my goal to drink the entire jug of water every day. You can add whatever time increments you want…I chose what I thought would work for me.
Every morning I refill the jug and leave it on the counter and refill my cup throughout the day. I’ve been doing this for a little over 2 weeks now. Like I said, I thought I drank plenty of water every day but it turns out drinking a gallon of water is day isn’t always that easy when your day gets busy or hectic. This jug really helps me to stay on track & drinking.
Drinking water as you’ve heard over and over is so good for your health. Here are just a few very important & very interesting reasons to drink more water:
(1) Water cushions your joints.
(2) Water composes 75% of your brain, 22% of your bones, 75% of your muscles & 83% of your blood.
(3) Water helps flush out toxins and waste.
(4) Water helps carry nutrients and oxygen to your cells.
(5) Water has no fat, no carbs, no calories, & no sugar.
(6) Water lowers your risk of a heart attack by 41%.
(7) Water gives your skin a healthy glow.
(8) Water reduces the risk of colon cancer by 45% and bladder cancer by 50%.
(9) Water increases your metabolism, thus aiding in weight loss.
(10) Water gives you energy.
If you’ve tried this or plan to try this, I’d love to hear how it goes for you! So many people are not drinking enough water a day and some are not drinking any. Can you imagine? I can’t! Happy drinking!!